Old September 29 2013, 04:28 PM   #25
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: It's Over.

Relayer1 wrote: View Post
RandyS wrote: View Post
Relayer1 wrote: View Post
There are a lot of people that really miss the planet of the week / everything back in the box novels.

I really don't...
I really do.

Which is not to say that I'm not enjoying what's currently going on in the books (although, book two of the TNG COLD EQUATIONS trilogy left alot to be desired.), but I don't understand why we can't have books set within their respective series timeframes. TOS is doing this, why not the others?

And I really don't understand why everybody seems to hate self-contained stories. After all, they're just as valid as ongoing ones.
I prefer a novel that moves things on and effects change. You appear to be happy with a well told story.

Your viewpoint is equally valid, even if I don't share it.
See though, I don't see it as an "either/or" situation. Like I said, I am enjoying what the novels are currently doing, I just wish we could have more of a balance between the two concepts. The TNG era novels can continue to do the "after the series" books they're doing, while at the same time, give us the occasional novel set within their series, like TOS is currently doing. Likewise, the TOS line could occasionally do a book in the movie era, the 14 years in between TMP and KHAN, etc.

There's no reason why things need to be all one thing or all the other.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote