View Single Post
Old September 27 2013, 07:48 PM   #127
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: What Setting Would You Like For The Next Series?

grendelsbayne wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
If you've read any of my posts, you'll know that I'm someone who really doesn't want Star Trek back on TV, in any form. But if it does come back, I want it to be recognizably 'Star Trek', not something wearing Star Trek's clothes.
If you don't actually want it back, then I certainly respect that. Honestly, I don't have any burning need to have it back on tv, either, and I don't really expect a new series to happen, anyway. Certainly not in the next 10-15 years. I'd just prefer that, if they are going to bring it back, they do something new and interesting with it.
But today or in fifteen or twenty years, there will be people who have never seen or heard of Star Trek. A new series will be their first exposure to it.

So I think any new series should remain true to the Star Trek premise. I'd love to have a new sci-fi series, but I'm not interested in shoe-horning something completely incompatible into the Star Trek universe in the name of doing something "new".