View Single Post
Old September 27 2013, 03:38 PM   #592
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back?

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Now that you understand how the process works, we expect all your future Trek Tie-in Books, that you will post the Spec you are given to write from, so the Trek Fans can guide you to write it properly, and then post your finished product so we can have first crack at editing it, to ensure you did it right
Which will obviously make the process go much more smoothly!

On a more serious note, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "the Spec you are given to write from." That's not really how it works. I'm not given a plot outline and asked to write it. It's more like I come up with a proposal/outline which is submitted to the Powers That Be for approval and comments.
Ah, OK, sorry about that
No problem. I was only belaboring the point because, in general, there sometimes seems to be some confusion about how the process works. And people occasionally seem to be under the impression that there's a lot more central planning involved than there actually is.

It's not like a TV series where there's a showrunner dictating the plotlines to the writing staff. Instead it's usually just a herd of scattered freelancers pitching ideas and outlines, which may or may not be approved by the licensor.