View Single Post
Old September 27 2013, 04:55 AM   #77
Christopher
Writer

Re: Star Trek: The Seekers

Sxottlan wrote: View Post
2. An Endeavor in Seekers and an Endeavor in ROTF. A bit repetitous, but not much you can do about that now.
Well, for a while there were three ongoing book series featuring ships named Enterprise, and there are still two.

What I find interesting is that not only do both series feature an Endeavour, but in both series it's the larger one of a pair of hero ships.

And I would prefer ROTF keep with established tradition of naming NX-class ships after the space shuttles.
Well, that was established in the preceding ENT novels, which between them gave us Challenger NX-03, Discovery NX-04, Atlantis NX-05, and Endeavour NX-06. Endeavour was the only one other than Enterprise that survived the war according to the books, and Enterprise was retired. So it was really the only one left I could use.

Perhaps this is an opportunity to create some continuity between the two: create a sense that ships named Endeavor have as proud a tradition as ships named Enterprise, etc.
There have been references in screen graphics to a couple of 24th-century Endeavours, and one was mentioned in dialogue in VGR as having encountered the Borg.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote