View Single Post
Old September 26 2013, 11:21 PM   #109
dgerrold
Ensign

Re: Phase II - Act One of "KITUMBA"

dgerrold wrote: View Post
doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Agreed. Well said.

And since we have Phase II's new showrunner reading this thread, forgive me for taking the opportunity to ask the question that has gone thus far unanswered:

Will Vic Mignona be credited for his role as Director and the part he played in "Kitumba" or is Phase II purposely omitting said credit, and if so, for what reason?

At the moment, it is more likely that "Alan Smithee" will get the directing credit.

Let me add this. If Vic wants a directing credit on Kitumba, he is free to write a letter to the Production Team explaining why he feels he deserves the credit. The final decision will have to be made by James Cawley, Alec Peters, Rob Mauro, and myself.

I have a personal rule against ever saying anything negative about another professional, but since you have asked and put me into this position, I will answer. This will be my only public statement on Vic Mignona. After this, I request that you drop the subject. We are moving forward and it is no longer worth the investment of time and energy from the Phase II production team.

Here's my statement: I will never work with Vic Mignona again in any capacity, nor would I recommend him to any other producer. Vic Mignona's actions, both on the set and off, are the primary reason why we will have to junk everything we shot on the Origins episode. The script is a good one, we got an astonishing performance from Matthew Ewald, and it's a story we want to tell. We should have been able to finish it and have it out by now, but much of Vic's work was unusable and Vic has so alienated the production crew that none of us want to invest any energy into finishing an episode with him in it. We will have to start fresh if we want to do this episode. I expect we will do that when it is convenient to schedule it.

Everything I have said above is a fair reflection of the thinking of senior members of the Phase II team (James, Alec, myself, Rob). We have a kind of unwritten policy that however much we might argue among ourselves about our choices, when we finally do reach a decision it will be unanimous.

What I have said here should be the end of it. It's not an invitation to argue or discuss. And should anyone want to make an issue of it, then I will request the forum moderators to delete such discussions.

Star Trek is supposed to be about working together while we reach for the stars. That's the adventure I intend to invest in.

Last edited by dgerrold; September 27 2013 at 12:04 AM.
dgerrold is offline   Reply With Quote