View Single Post
Old September 26 2013, 07:36 PM   #20
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Re: Guess which new show will be canceled first?

AliciaD496 wrote: View Post
I still haven't seen Super Fun Night so I'm not gonna judge it yet, but from what I've heard I'd agree it'll likely be cancelled.

The one that really has me going 'What were they thinking?' in terms of the premise and how they'll be able to continue on for very long is Hostages. The doctor's family were all horrible people and if she let them die I wouldn't blame her. The whole 'is he good, or is he bad' about Dylan McDermott's character is interesting, for a little while at least. But how they'll pull this off for a whole season, let alone longer, I have no idea.

My guess is either Hostages or Trophy Wife will be the first cancelled if Super Fun Night isn't.
No one has seen it because SFN got such horrible reviews by the critics they pulled the pilot and will be starting with the second episode.

Kirby wrote: View Post
AliciaD496 wrote: View Post
The one that really has me going 'What were they thinking?' in terms of the premise and how they'll be able to continue on for very long is Hostages. The doctor's family were all horrible people and if she let them die I wouldn't blame her. The whole 'is he good, or is he bad' about Dylan McDermott's character is interesting, for a little while at least. But how they'll pull this off for a whole season, let alone longer, I have no idea
My understanding with Hostages is that it's only 15 episodes and then it's done. If all 15 episodes are already shot, and they know it's over I doubt it'll get cancelled unless the ratings are horrible, and even then they can finish it on Saturday nights. Of course Under the Dome was supposed to be only one season and some genius ordered a 2nd season, so who know what will really happen.
The creators of Under the Dome have come out and said they never planned on the 13th episode being the last, that they have ideas for 2-3-4 seasons.

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post

Takeru wrote: View Post

I also have bad feeling about Dracula.
Isn't Dracula just a miniseries anyways?
It's been called a limited run series but that can mean it's either a one season and done deal or it means it has a small number of episodes per season. NBC really hasn't made it clear if they expect more than one season. ABC has called Once Upon a Time in Wonderland a limited series but it's expected to go beyond one season. Fox has a limited series coming out next year that's just a one season and done show. So there some confusion about the term.
Once Upon a Time was called a limited series by the creators of the show as they wanted it to fill in for the winter. ABC never came out and said anything. But they seemed to enjoy the 16 minute pilot pitch and went to series. I have a feeling it will bomb, ABC knows it and that's why it got the 8pm Thursday death slot. So then the creators thought it would be 13 and done, and ABC has somethign for a few months.