View Single Post
Old September 26 2013, 06:37 PM   #565
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back?

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
David.Blue wrote: View Post
It isn't that simple. BSG brought in enough ratings that with the prestige it lasted four years and spawned two spinoffs (don't count on none others). DW went its own way yet listened to the fans, but listened rather than slavishly obeyed. Ditto LOTR.

And no matter what anyone does, somebody will complain. So what? When did everybody among the fans of a franchise like all the entries in it? Good God, even folks who adore The Hunger Games, half of them hate the third book!
And fans of Diana Gabaldon's bestselling "Outlander" novels are already in an uproar over the casting of the upcoming TV show. And the "Fifty Shades of Gray" fans are in an uproar over the casting of the movie, which hasn't even started filming yet. And I keep running into comic fans who are upset because Ant-Man isn't in the Avengers movies--because he was in the original comics, damnit!

Not sure when we decided that film-making was a democratic process, to be decided by fan polls and petitions? Or that reboots and adaptations had to be 100% faithful to the previous versions?
Now that you understand how the process works, we expect all your future Trek Tie-in Books, that you will post the Spec you are given to write from, so the Trek Fans can guide you to write it properly, and then post your finished product so we can have first crack at editing it, to ensure you did it right

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote