View Single Post
Old September 26 2013, 03:46 PM   #23
ComicGuy89
Lieutenant Commander

Re: USS Vengeance & Mass Destruction.

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Jeyl wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post

What just because the planets the are attacked or destroyed are ones we care about now instead on the god knows how many one shot planets that were obliterated in TOS that the audience wasn't given much reason to care about other than the scary thing this episode is destructive.
I think I have an idea on how to respond to your post, but I don't want to right now because I might misinterpret what you were trying to say. Could you elaborate your points a more structured manner?
In TOS when ever a big scary monster like thing be it a doomsday machine, a giant amoeba, a pissed off NASA probe, or whatever shows up they show how badass it is by having it destroyed a space station, starship, or planet much like goes on in JJtrek.

The only difference is that this time instead of using oneshot planets nobody gives a crap about (seeing as I haven't heard any complaints about using time travel to save them or how the crew sucks for failing to save them) Abrams an co. used planets and places people actually give a crap about.

So really their not doing anything different this time, its just that people care about the places being destroyed.
And also, with a higher budget, the destruction is shown more graphically.
ComicGuy89 is offline   Reply With Quote