View Single Post
Old September 26 2013, 01:31 AM   #150
JD
Admiral

Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

davejames wrote: View Post
Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
While reactions from within the comics industry seem largely favorable, Jim Steranko was not impressed.
I totally agree with his take. The show really needed to be tougher and edgier, with a greater sense of danger.

Right now the tone is so cutesy and fun that it's hard to take anything all that seriously. It just feels like too much of a lark.
I'm actually glad it wasn't tougher or edgier, I liked the fact that it was a light, fun show. I like dark and edgie stuff, but sometimes it's nice to just sit back and relax with a show that is just a fun, light hearted, good time.

As for my overall reaction, it wasn't anything mind blowing, but I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to more episodes. I thought they did a pretty good job of introducing everybody and giving us an interesting plot at the same time.
I was not expecting so many blatant references to the movies. I figured there might be a few references to Cap or Iron Man, but I wasn't expecting any of the stuff from movies to play such a big role in the story.