View Single Post
Old September 26 2013, 01:11 AM   #149
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

I liked it fine, I'll keep watching. It was no more or less than I expected it to be. I don't think we're going to see major costumed heroes on this show, they'll save those for the movies.

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Let's add in the cost to make it look realistic, like all the extras they would need to have running around to staff the helicarrier. Using it would be too expensive.
Not to mention needing to use the movie sets, and explain why we never see Nick Fury.

Nick Ryder wrote: View Post
I have to admit, I enjoyed it quite a bit - was at least on par with the One Shots we've had on the DVDs and had the added benefit of being more than a 'one and done' story.
You must mean Blu-Ray...I own all the DVDs and haven't seen a single One Shot.

Personally I loved the flying 'Vette - anyone who thinks its cheesy or 'lame' has NEVER read a classic SHIELD/Nick Fury comic where the 'Standard Issue' SHIELD flying car was as iconic a part of the SHIELD 'look' as the Helicarrier, the Needle Gun and Nick Fury's eyepatch. That made the show for me. It took it from being yet another CIA or Alias type show and brought it firmly into the Marvel Universe.
Hear, hear! And as another poster brought up, it's established way back in the 1940s in Captain America. It's not so hard to believe that Howard Stark got it to work practically by the 1960s.

Makes you wonder what sort of work was keeping SHIELD busy in that era of the MCU....

Christopher wrote: View Post
Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
AvBaur wrote: View Post
Yeah, should a hacker chick who lives in a van ...
I can't not mentally add "down by the river" when I hear that.
I don't get it.
That would be a reference to Chris Farley's classic motivational speaker character on early-90s SNL. His main motivational hook was to tell kids that they might wind up like him, living in a VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER!

Watch it now, before NBC has it taken down.

Last edited by The Old Mixer; September 26 2013 at 01:23 AM.
The Old Mixer is offline   Reply With Quote