View Single Post
Old September 26 2013, 01:07 AM   #399
Ovation
Vice Admiral

Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness out on Blu-ray/DVD September 10th [spoiler

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
My friend Kay Reindl, who wrote that brilliant blog post all about why Star Trek Into Darkness is actually a fine film and rather unworthy of much of the criticism it has received, has posted another blog entry responding to the reaction her first post got. Highly entertaining and with even more good points to consider:

The Ego of Entitlement
This excerpt is especially on point:

Fans are entitled to watch the show. They can like it or not. They can bitch about it if that's how they feel. They can praise it if that's how they feel (although mostly that's done in private so as to not infuriate the trolls). But they do NOT own it. They don't deserve to have input into the creative process. You want to be creative? THEN BE CREATIVE. Leave other people alone. Let the professionals do their thing. And if you don't like it, don't watch it.
(bolding mine)

This is applicable to all forms of creative endeavour. IF (and I do mean "if") the creators want to include "fan feedback", that's fine. But it is certainly not something "owed to the fans".
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote