View Single Post
Old September 25 2013, 05:48 PM   #809
billcosby
Commodore

Re: Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D to ABC!

For some reason I couldn't keep my attention on this show. I liked many bits about it. I didn't like the feeling of Heroes that seeped into every scene with Mike(?) the gifted dude in this outing. I thought it was a weird way to set up a series but I loved The Bus and most of the main characters. I had to watch it twice, though... man I couldn't focus on this episode. I'm not sure why. It wasn't poorly written and it looked good... but every time Mike was on screen I couldn't help but think that I couldn't care less about this guy. And even after the disturbing ending, it was the same feeling. So is Mike a villain of the week, a main character?

The tech nerds were annoying, much as I feel they were designed to be likeable. Maybe they'll grow on me.

Would anyone who had never seen a MCU film have any fucking idea what was happening? Using "gifted" as mutants must have confused the hell out of Joe Six Pack.

Fingers crossed for good sci-fi on TV again. Colson/Greg will drive this, he's a great lead.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote