View Single Post
Old September 25 2013, 03:28 PM   #48
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Re: Kirk & Marcus - Next Film Thoughts?

OBXTrekkie wrote: View Post
After watching STID several times since getting the DVD, I can't help but think they were already setting us up for a budding romance between Kirk and Carol Marcus. It's subtle but if you watch their interactions closely, it can easily be inferred that they're attracted to each other. Not just the obvious times, like when she first shows up on the shuttle, or when she's half naked telling him to turn around, but at other times too. On the bridge of the Vengance, when Khan is on his rampage, Carol looks Kirk's way several times with a little more than just concern. And when they materialize in the Enterprise brig, his first action is to move to her side. And then there's the smile on is face at the end when he's welcoming her to the crew, no mistaking that Jim Kirk "I totally thing you're hot" smile. This has just been my take on it anyway.

Thoughts?
Agree. She is now "part of the family" and doesn't appear to be left behind to have a kid

And I guess I'm not opposed to it. I didn't have a problem with that "sexist" scene where Kirk "peeked" and caught a glimpse of her in her space underwear either. She wanted him to peek.

Oh, a note...

Marcus being "part of the crew" should please all kinds of folks that have always had a problem with Uhura being the only female in the promary crew.