View Single Post
Old September 25 2013, 02:58 PM   #8
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

Re: Would you have liked to actually SEE Bajor join the Federation?

Paper Moon wrote: View Post
If they hadn't diverted to the Klingons during season 4, and had moved the timeline of the war up by one year (so that the invasion began at the end of season 4 and the war ended at the end of season 6), then we could've had a (probably much better) season 7 focused on the aftermath.

(For you BBC/PBS fans, look at series six of Foyle's War, which focused on life in England after the end of the war in Europe, for a model.)

In that case, season 7 could've ended with the entry of Bajor into the Federation with a big celebration, worthy of a series finale. This would bring the show full circle, since it was Sisko's assignment in "Emissary" to bring Bajor into the Federation.
Very cool idea. That would've been the best way to have done Bajor's entry into the Federation. Ending (if he hadn't gone MIA in the Fire Caves) with Sisko now a one-star Admiral and Kira a Captain in Starfleet.

Paper Moon wrote: View Post
Indeed, in the novelverse, Bajor enters the Federation about 9 months after the end of the war, whereas in the STO timeline, Bajor doesn't join until 2393! And I've seen fanfics that present plausible futures in which Bajor never joins the Federation. And all of those possibilities are consistent with what DS9 showed.
That makes no sense, good thing I don't play STO then . In my own personal continuity, I have it that Bajor became a member of the Federation on January 1st 2377, a little over a year after the war ended and they had played a key role in the aftermath of the war.