View Single Post
Old September 25 2013, 12:24 PM   #92
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

Khan444 wrote: View Post
OpenMaw wrote: View Post
Yes. The comics actually explain the tattoos. They were from ancient traditions where the Romulans would adorn themselves with a mark that would fade to symbolise the passing of grief. They made sure theirs would not fade, though, because Romulus was destroyed, and all that remained was vengeance.

As far as Klingons with piercings. I don't see the issue. It was one Klingon. It doesn't mean they all look exactly like him. Let's not turn this into another case of bowl cuts ala Spock and the Vulcans.

As far as The Borg? Eh... No, thanks. If they're gonna use something from Trek i'd prefer they stick to pulling things out of TOS to play with. Things we haven't seen a lot of since TOS.
So, some people are complaining about Abrams rehashing old stuff, and then argue that they should stick to "TOS stuff" instead of changing things up. I believe that that is called a double standard.
Well, I believe what us "complainers" want is something fresh and new.

Knowing these writers, it's a more safe bet that they will rehash something, so if that's the case I'd prefer it was something classic from TOS.