Old September 25 2013, 12:04 PM   #15
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain

View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile
Re: The Son'a

T'Girl wrote: View Post
The Overlord wrote: View Post
so they end being completely bland and generic
One of the reasons I like Insurrection (more so than most) is that it is more complex than the average Trek movie, Who the good guys are, and who the bad guys are isn't as obvious as it would first seem. The plot isn't black and white.

The movie could have been made simplistic but it wasn't, straight forward things like who the planet belongs too could have been easy by making the Baku indigenous to the planet instead of interstellar immigrants.

Soon after the Baku figured out the planet's special properties, they could have used their warp ships to spread the word to the galaxy, they didn't.

What's the morality of moving several hundred people in order to help multiple billions?

Instead of spoon feeding the audience, we're allowed to pick sides on our own. based on our own thoughts and beliefs. I like that.

That would be OK except that Picard and crew seem to believe in the rightness of the Baku and how wonderful they were in their idealic paradise - wanting to come back and be some of the selective few allowed to share in eternal life.

I want my heroes to stand up for what is right. I don't want to have to go to the trouble to think for myself
CommishSleer is offline   Reply With Quote