View Single Post
Old September 25 2013, 05:39 AM   #500
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen In 2013

I like Paul Rudd. He's very funny.

Got Shawshank on Blu-ray last year. I should watch it again soon.

150. Europa Report (✩✩✩) - Download - A documentary style scifi movie about man's first mission to Europa, one of Jupiter's moons (they skipped Mars apparently), and things don't go as expected. Sharlto Copeley is part of the ensemble cast. It's tense because you really feel the danger involved in a manned mission such as this. I wouldn't call it a spectacular film, but if you're a scifi fan it's worth checking out.

151. Earth's Final Hours (✩) - Download - A chunk of white hole strikes the Earth, causing it to stop rotating and the magnetic field to collapse, and it's up to Robert Knepper, Stargate Universe's Julia Benson and Bruce Davison to set things right. It's an awful, awful movie, but it brought up some fascinating speculation about what mankind would have to do if the planet stopped rotating. It talked about a man living in a strip where night meets day called the "green zone". I think this movie was an attempt to capitalize on Robert Knepper's rising fame back in 2011 but the best part was seeing more of Juila Benson.

152. Marooned (✩✩) - Download - A 1969 film about astronauts who are trapped in orbit and can't get down. Boring movie. I even dozed off at one point and didn't bother to see what I missed because I knew I didn't miss anything. Stars Gregory Peck, Richard Crenna and Gene Hackman. Star Trek's Mariette Hartley who played Zarabeth is also in it. Sounds like it's similar to Gravity which comes out next week. That looks good though.

153. Star Trek: Of Gods and Men (✩✩✩) - Download - Typical fan film with poor effects and bad bad pacing, but the story had it's moments and seeing some professional work from real actors elevated it a it. I also liked that we got to see a lot of Trek alum together.

154. The Place Beyond the Pines (✩✩✩) - Download - This movie had three acts that made it seem like three movies in one. It was a nice piece about a bank robber, a police officer and their kids. I'd say more but I don't want to ruin things. Stars Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, Eva Mendez, Rose Byrne, Bruce Greenwood and Ray Liotta. I wondered why Gosling and Cooper's names appeared together in the opening credits, then I found out why as the movie progressed.

Theatre: 23
Blu-ray: 10
DVD: 21
Netflix: 5
Live TV: 17
Download: 75
YouTube: 3
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote