View Single Post
Old September 24 2013, 09:27 PM   #45
Mimi
Lieutenant Commander

Re: TF: The Crimson Shadow by Una McCormack - Review Thread (Spoilers!

Just finished the book! I'm a big fan of all the cardassian stories, and this is definitely one of my favorites. As I think I've mentioned, McCormack is my favorite trek writer, writing about my favorite trek character, in my favorite trek country. There's so much subtly about the way she writes for Cardassians, their culture, and what life has become from them.

I'm sure more major spoilers are going to come out in the thread soon enough, but for the moment I'll just keep this to a vague reccomendation. This is an excellent, tense book that presents a good mystery and a lot of comepelling side characters. But its Garak's book completely. The people most likely to dislike this book are people who might not like his character.

But for those that do? Its amazing. Garak has become such a compelling character, and his path towards redemption continues here. Its a book that benefits a lot from having read A Stitch in Time, so if for some reason you haven't, you might want to look that up first. I really look forward to seeing where they go next! More Cardassian stories!

[Also, does anyone have the english name of the book that Garak receives at the end? I'd like to look it up!]
Mimi is offline   Reply With Quote