View Single Post
Old September 24 2013, 08:30 PM   #530
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

Brendan Moody wrote: View Post
But some of them have always said the announcement might not even be this year
I don't think there's a single person with "sources" who has consistently said that. "Not this year" didn't even enter the picture until the expectations raised by the June publicity failed to translate into anything concrete. There are plenty who've said "it might be a while," then fallen in line with one of the deadlines that failed to be met, the said "it'll be a while after all," though.
That or some high level fans have been fooled.
I don't know why so many people find this prospect surprising. That's the problem-- people keep converting from "doubters" to "believers" or vice versa based on claims from some (rarely-identified) individual they happen to trust. No matter how much I liked someone or respected his/her judgment, I wouldn't put stock in extraordinary claims like these based on that person's belief alone. And that's all the more true in a fandom, where gossip is rampant, petty resentment twists the way things are reported, people became "high-level" more on the basis of enthusiasm than levelheadedness or good judgment.
Earlier in the year (When the rumor started to really gain Media attention), the time frame was always that the announcement was being saved for the Anniversary. So, yea, I think it's only because we are getting closer to the Anniversary, that people have recently been saying maybe not until next year

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote