View Single Post
Old September 24 2013, 02:31 PM   #695
Christopher
Writer

Re: TCM Genre movies schedule...

I watched The Satan Bug, but it wasn't very interesting. There were a few glimpses of familiar faces, like John Anderson, Ed Asner, Simon Oakland, and the guy who played Sgt. Carter on Gomer Pyle, plus a nonspeaking appearance by James Doohan as an ill-fated federal agent. But Anne Francis was essentially wasted as a character who had little reason to be there except to provide some vague, tacked-on romantic interest and be an audience for the hero's exposition in a couple of scenes. The story barely qualified as science fiction and was really more of a Cold War thriller, though not particularly thrilling. The first half was more of a mystery story, and I figured out who the culprit was pretty early, and then the film just kind of casually let the audience know that person was the culprit rather than making a big reveal, so that was kind of awkward. The main point of interest was a Jerry Goldsmith score, but this was from early in his career and wasn't one of his more noteworthy works.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote