View Single Post
Old September 24 2013, 04:13 AM   #11
Christopher
Writer

Re: Castle - Season 6 Discussion & Spoilers

intrinsical wrote: View Post
If I'm not wrong, Castle will once again be teaming up with Beckett in DC by the start of the third episode. I'm still not sure how much Espositto and Ryan of will be in the show since they're stuck in their posts in NY, which is a bummer because I like them.
My guess is that they're going to end up back at the NYPD solving homicides before much longer. After all, Lisa Edelstein, Yancey Arias, and the rest were billed as guest stars, not regulars, and there have been no announcements I'm aware of about them being cast as regulars. Besides, this is a series that thrives on formula, departing from it mainly for big events like season finales and premieres. I don't see a mystery series entering its sixth year suddenly abandoning the mystery angle to become a 24 knockoff on a permanent basis. That's the kind of revamp a show might try if it was struggling in the ratings, but last season's ratings were very good, apparently. I don't see them risking an experimental course change now. There's going to be some kind of reset button where Beckett decides she's better at solving homicides than doing all this spook stuff.

And really, that's how it should be. I said last season that this sudden desire for a national-security career was out of character for her, that she's always been defined as someone whose life's mission is to speak for the victims of crime. Solving murders one by one, fighting for the individual, is more her style than focusing on big-picture stuff.

Anyway, I miss the mysteries already. I miss the old routine.

Aside from that, though, this was better than I feared. I'm glad they wrapped up that dismal cliffhanger quickly and then jumped well past it. It's like they recognized it hadn't worked and were pulling back from how grimly it was played. And the rest had a good energy to it, even if it's not a format I want to see on a regular basis.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote