View Single Post
Old September 23 2013, 07:25 PM   #4837
Opus
Commodore

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

TWOK - Khan was a mustache-twirling villain.

TUC - Klingons Empire = USSR. Don't confuse 'clever' with 'heavy'. It wasn't as deep as people say it was. And they got lucky with the whole 'Art Imitates Life' aspect of the fall of Soviet Russia. It has been falling for years at that point. And don't get me started on the TOS crew being bigots...

FC - Really? Heavy? Really? It was a popcorn action movie where Picard played the role as Khan. Of course, that was only because the writers decided to ignore TNG's 5th Season episode 'I, Borg' where Picard had already confronted his desire for revenge.

Don't get me wrong - I love all three of those movies. I simply don't see how Abrams Trek doesn't rate 'up' to these films. I've never said ST09 or STiD didn't have their problems. They do. These examples do too. And I like ALL OF THEM because they are fun and enjoyable Trek adventures with characters I enjoy and written well.
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982

Last edited by Opus; September 23 2013 at 07:38 PM.
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote