View Single Post
Old September 23 2013, 06:20 PM   #34
WhateverMan
Ensign

Re: The 90's Golden Age.

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
To each his own. For me the Abrams Trek films are mediocre entertainment for an illiterate culture. But they're no worse than any other Hollywood action film.

Just because something is popular doesn't make it good -- unless one really considers TRANSFORMERS a great film.

But getting back on topic, I would argue that most of the Trek of the 90s wasn't really any better.
I mostly agree. My point was never "anything I say is right and fuck everyone else". The 90's did bring some of the best Star Trek and some of the worst, but overall I think the quantity of good it brought outweighs the bad. The episodes are far from perfect and some of them do include dumb action, but the films brought it to a higher level. By films I mean both TNG and Abrams films.

Using popular opinion is pretty useless on this topic. Transformers is a good example, a film I saw once in theater and fell asleep during the finale. Completely worthless movie, it's ok to like it but it's not a good movie. It's hard to pin down the "Ultimate standard" for movies, so why bother.

But back on point... I guess the point is kinda obscured now.

90's Star Trek : Yay!
WhateverMan is offline   Reply With Quote