View Single Post
Old September 23 2013, 05:48 PM   #16
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

Re: Best Regeneration Story

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
Logopolis . . . Plus, why did the Doctor want to fix the chameleon circuit all of a sudden?
That bit stems from the Keeper of Traken where the Doctor is reminded that the Master has a TARDIS with a fully functioning chameleon circuit and used it to good effect (from the Master's POV).

And, I'd say that story harkens back to Delgado's Master whose TARDIS routinely changed shapes for good effect (from a circus truck to a space ship). In Colony in Space (I believe), the Doctor notes that the Master's TARDIS is more advanced than his.

I think the Doctor felt insecure, over-matched and basically had his face rubbed in the fact that the Master's TARDIS is superior to his own. Particularly because it's been a long standing issue with the Master and the Doctor still hadn't fixed it!

Mr Awe
Hm, good point. I must not have paid attention at that moment. Shame on me, I guess. Thanks for it, anyway.

Do note I don't dislike Logopolis at all - I just think it needed a more focused, more Holmes-esque rewrite. Unrealized potential and all that.
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote