View Single Post
Old September 23 2013, 05:26 PM   #76
David.Blue
Lieutenant Commander

Re: What Setting Would You Like For The Next Series?

surak-toc wrote: View Post
David.Blue wrote: View Post
Here's an idea.

STAR TREK: ASGARD

I'm not sure when exactly this would take place. Almost doesn't matter.

....SNIPPED FOR SPACE....

That's something I'd like to see.
i ditto that, it would be amazing to watch, i think it should be post nemesis, but 100 years post to it, then it will be amazing, a really good get to know you show as it were. Really having a in depth character development show, some political struggles and great discovery series.
Thank you very much.

Problem now is--I'm imagining how to set this up. Went to sleep last night imagining the name of the type of shuttle they'd use--a more advanced version of the Runabout. Came up with Starwing and Farrunner. Come to think of it, methinks Farwing would work best.

And I came up with a character. The first generation of colonists (again, assuming they initially shared a major common experience and/or trauma) included a Vulcan and Andorian who married. Their child elected to join Starfleet and is now assigned to the Space Station, probably as a pilot. Looks like a blond Vulcan with blue skin. Parents dead now, with some unresolved issues, cannot help but end up a kind of unofficial liaison between the two groups.

Likewise I'm imagining Asgard itself lies just within a nebula, somewhat difficult to find. Further study shows it was terraformed half a million years ago, but by whom? Because the ruins are nowhere near that old.

Meanwhile I'm imagining some other polity nearby, a people who were once wealthy and powerful but somehow lost it all long long ago. Not unlike Babylon Five's Centauri or the Bajorans, or Land of the Lost's Sleestaks.

Arrrrgggggg!!!!!!
David.Blue is offline   Reply With Quote