View Single Post
Old September 23 2013, 05:14 PM   #123
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

Re: Dexter - The Final Season (Spoiler Discussion)

Well, that was completely terrible. I couldn't stand Hannah and didn't want Dexter to go to Argentina anyway, but I don't like him becoming Paul Bunyan either. Does he still have the desire to kill? Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to have stayed at Miami Metro in that case? Where the hell is he even a lumberjack at?

The finale could have easily been fixed. If they'd ended it ambiguously with Dexter sailing off into the hurricane I would've been happy. If they'd busted him after killing Vogel's son I would've been happy. What I really would've liked to have seen is Dexter getting caught pulling the plug on Deb, going to jail for a mercy killing.

As it stands, him reverting back to how he was before was a total cop out, and if he was going to go off the grid anyway, why not use his cell phone to call Miami Metro, admit he was the Bay Harbor Butcher to clear Doakes, then disappear?