View Single Post
Old September 23 2013, 03:49 PM   #48
Pavonis
Commodore

Re: was NX01 ever referred to as 'The' Enterprise?

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
That's getting melodramatic over something extremely trivial.
Well, what did you expect on a message board? i think anyone who gets melodramatic over nontrivial issues on a message board would get better results by focusing their efforts elsewhere. Naturally that just leaves trivial issues!

You repeatedly keep claiming that a widely used form of address as being wrong, when there isn't an actual law that says it is. As such, you're really fighting windmills here.
No law? What about grammar? Languages do have rules.

Once again, it's not a mistake, just a different manner of address.
I say it is a mistake, the C.E. Evans

The majority of people couldn't care less. Ships are addressed both with and without "the" in their names. It's unimportant to the general public and not something it gets upset about.
The majority of people are of average and below average intelligence; why should we let them set the standards?

It's this in a nutshell, Pavonis. No one is a bad person and going to be sent to prison or Hell if they address a ship with "the."
How do you know? Maybe judges are sending people to prison for just that rule violation all the time. Maybe I'm saving you from a bad experience by enlightening you! You're welcome.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote