View Single Post
Old September 23 2013, 12:13 PM   #330
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

Re: TF: Revelation and Dust by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

DEWLine wrote: View Post
Sidebar discussion 1: Would this count as the kickoff for "Season 10" for our purposes?
In my own parlance, this is more like Season 15.

Sci wrote: View Post
JeBuS wrote: View Post
By "Kira" I suppose you mean Keeva, or whatever the Bajora woman was called? This was the "short story" I mentioned. I call it such because it had absolutely no bearing on the rest of the novel.
You didn't notice the thematic contrast, or draw any conclusions about the comparison between Bajor's history and its present?
Not really, no. Other than the bit about rebuilding the wormhole as I said above, I didn't really get much from it. So please, do explain, because I genuinely want to know. Not being sarcastic.

Sci wrote: View Post
If you don't see character arcs in Ro, Kira/Keva, Sisko, Odo, Bashir, Dax, and Quark -- amongst others -- then you weren't paying attention.
I kind of get what they're saying, though. The characters is this book have shown growth when you compare this entire book to previous entire books, but I don't know that many of them can be said to have grown within this book. I like where they are now, as I said above, but I don't know that any of them were different at the end of this book from how they were at the beginning. If I'm missing stuff, please tell me, preferably non-condescendingly.

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote