View Single Post
Old September 23 2013, 01:59 AM   #1
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

Best Regeneration Story

In light of the upcoming Christmas Special (which I seriously hope won't be called ... of the Doctor, btw) that will bid farewell to Matt Smith's Doctor, I thought it might be fun to rate and even rank the last stories of each perspective incarnation of the Doctor.

What was your favorite? What was your least favorite (well, that might be easier to agree on I presume). On the selection that I've made on this poll I've only listed the last adventure that lead to the Doctor's regeneration each time, thus why no Sixth Doctor [really, Time and the Rani is many things, but a regeneration (or a good) story it ain't - its squarely Seventh's post-regeneration story], and obviously why no Eighth Doctor. I almost didn't include the TV Movie for the Seventh Doctor, but seeing as how his regeneration is a crucial part of the film and not just tacked on at the beggining like a Previously On segment to a program that never aired (I'm looking at you, Six!), it counts (plus, I like to consider the Master audio story as the unofficial prelude to that story, but I digress).

Anyway, what do you think?

PS: Including War Games makes sense, I think, as the whole Season 6B scenario was developed afterwards, constituting as such a retcon. Sure, he didn't really regenerated after War Games - but according to the Season 6B-relevant material the ending of that serial wasn't exactly the same, was it?
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return

Last edited by Emperor-Tiberius; September 23 2013 at 02:11 PM.
Emperor-Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote