View Single Post
Old September 23 2013, 12:43 AM   #20
Christopher
Writer

Re: Was the Star Trek 4 Ent-A bridge a redress of the Excelsior bridge

Praetor wrote: View Post
I admit that TFF has a good amount of new sets, but when they are reusing TNG sets it seems so obvious because of the lack of redressing. The scene with Sybok's armed men running down the corridor comes to mind - it was just so blatantly obvious that it was the TNG corridor set. There were no changes to color, lighting, or anything. The orange doors even had their TNG-style labels on them.
That doesn't bother me much, since the TNG corridors were barely altered from the TMP corridors to begin with. And like I said, we barely saw sickbay. It wasn't a featured set like the reused ones in TUC.

Other than the warp core, in TUC, they actually made an effort to redress, re-color and differently light the sets.
Although as I've said, they redressed the transporter room less than TFF did. And if the TFF lounge was a Ten Forward redress, it was more substantially altered than the President's office was. So I can't agree that TUC made more of an effort to change the sets than TFF did, not on the whole.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote