View Single Post
Old September 23 2013, 12:21 AM   #490
SeerSGB
Admiral

View SeerSGB's Twitter Profile
Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back?

Mycroft Maxwell wrote: View Post
I personally would love to see the return to the Prime universe. ITs the one I spent my whole life watching and studying. Its home to me. When I see the JJverse, I feel like I am watching the bastardization of a family member. Don't call me a hater, its just NuTrek is not what I grew up with. Well I guess you can call me a hater, because I absolutly hate lensflares...but thats the only reason you can call me a hater...well theres the brewergineering...but thats the only 2 reasons you can ever call me a hater...Well there is Bob Orci...OK OK you can call me a hater, but I do love the design of the Kelvin. And thats coming from someone who hates 1 engined starships.

Anyways I want to see a return to 2380s Prime Timeline. I am curious to see the aftermath of the Dominion War. How starfleet is rebuilding and the long term effects it has had on the federation, the romulans, the klingons, whats happened to the cardassians. All of that.
In short: Kill the franchise--again. There's not a big enough fanbase left to justify catering the original timeline(s) anymore. To the mass public (see: the money) Star Trek is Kirk and Spock and a ship named Enterprise. That's the pop-culture icon. Not Picard, Sisko, or anything that came after: James T. Kirk womanizing his way across the galaxy, Spock raising his eyebrow at it all, and ship called the Enterprise.

As fans, we either adapt, or we standover the pyre when the franchise wethers and dies.

Don't like the reboot, fine don't watch it. But don't make the mistake of thinking that the way to save the franchise is a return to the near incestuous nature of the canon and continuity and what had become mundane storytelling of the original timeline.

Like it or not, at the least, we should be grateful that Abrams created a serious movie and didn't go down the route of making it a campy mockery of the 60s show.

Last edited by SeerSGB; September 23 2013 at 01:00 AM.
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote