View Single Post
Old September 22 2013, 07:54 PM   #16
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: My Greivences of Nutrek. What makes me a hater...

Just responding to a few which struck me:

Mycroft Maxwell wrote: View Post

4. Windows - F YOU MICROSOFT!!! no really Windows. If something is transparent , UV radiation definatly penetrates it. Anyone notice how the Kelvins crew was getting full lethal doses of UV radiation before Captain Robau came on the bridge to activate the "Sunglasses" shield.
The main viewscreens/windows clearly employ optical UV filtering of some sort to prevent the crew receiving lethal doses of radiation. Heck, none of the bridge people we saw even needed to wear sunscreen or neutron cream.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_filter

7.Supernova- A supernova cannot threaten a whole galaxy. And even if it could, it would take over 100,000 years to destroy it after it exploded. If Alpha Centari went supernova...we wouldnt know it for 4 years. Thats plenty of time for Romulus to evacuate. Only way is that the name of the star of Romulas is Hobus.
Just call it a superdupernova and don't worry about it. They're obviously even more dangerous and destructive than a hypernova.

10. The Enterprise - whatever happened to Robert April?
Who cares? I sure don't.

And wasnt the Enterprise supposed to been launched in 2245? And I think its not really convenient to build a star ship on the surface. My opinion. Also, The plaque of the Enterprise has always said San Francisco Yards
And still does, for that matter.

11. Fencing - You do not use a Samurai sword or Katana or whatever the heck that was in fencing. YOU USE A FOIL.
Not so. Even in Olympic/competitive fencing there are three different swords used, but fencing can more broadly apply to any sword combat for sport, including Kendo:
Fencing is the sport of fighting with swords. The most common version of fencing today, also called olympic fencing or competitive fencing, is divided into three weapon categories: foil, sabre and épée. Classical fencing uses the same three weapons, but approaches fencing as a martial art.
See also: academic fencing; historical fencing; SCA fencing, etc.