View Single Post
Old September 22 2013, 04:27 PM   #52
Malaika
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Kurtzman Defends Star Trek Into Darkness

it's indeed possible that the writers knew that people would turn the whole oral-aural into a pun and it IS funny.

Ln X wrote: View Post
Malaika wrote: View Post

I get the pun but it's a bit concerning when people are serious about it and act like this is what they really said...
I have to wonder if some people know that "aural" is an actual word that is related to the sense of hearing ('unparalleled ability to identify sonic anomalies in transmissions') it's not a typo or mispronunciation of the word "oral" ... ... ...
It's just an unfortunate word, but I'll always think of it as "oral" just for the laughs! Heck if we consider it as oral then perhaps the whole Spock/Uhura makes more sense and implies they've been together for a while.
the way he's comfortable with her affection in the turbolift and the other scene is alone enough to imply that they've been together for a while and frankly the idea that he simply fell for a brilliant girl that he probably knew since years can't be more a nonsense or weird than thinking that he was sleeping with some random student just because she has "oral sensitivity" ... lol
you guys are so contradictory sometimes...