View Single Post
Old September 21 2013, 11:35 PM   #2485
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Reverend wrote: View Post
I might actually try that now. Brutal Legend's gameplay just isn't doing it for me. :/
I gave up on it when I hit the RTS section which is not my thing. What really left a bad taste was that they did not emphasize this at all in the previews and the like. I was looking for a heavy metal hack-and-slash and I thought that what I had been sold. I might try it again sometime but it's hard enough to find time for the games I haven't played to backtrack to something I had a bad experience with.
I don't have a problem with RTS as I used play them quite often. Dawn of War, Homeworld, C&C, even Dune 2 back in the day. My problem here is that it's trying to be the Swiss army knife of gameplay; A third-person open-world hack'n'slash roleplaying RTS racing game. As the old figure of speech goes "jack of all trades, master of none."

I mean it's one hell of a warning sign when Ozzey of all people is the one giving exposition. This is not a man one usually equates with coherent explanations.

Sadly, I'm also not really digging 'Mirror's Edge' either. Maybe I just don't have the knack but it seems to take a lot of trail and error to get around without becoming street pizza and I'm just not having a lot of fun in the process.
Reverend is online now   Reply With Quote