View Single Post
Old September 21 2013, 08:15 PM   #48
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: What The Hell? What Is Up With The Side Hull Torpedo Bays?

Mycroft Maxwell wrote: View Post
Well to each his own. I rather not argue it any futher, I'm trying to make friends with you all. (though I do have arguments like these with my friends as well) But you just posted some very strong evidence though.
No worries. I try not to take anything said here personally and hope you have a good time on the BBS. This ship size thing is probably the most bitterly argued subject on this forum, goofy a subject as it is.
On the Brewery issue, I don't even thing theres room for that thing on a 700m starship. Its pretty darn big. But as I said before, Exterior/interior sizes seem to have always been a problem in Star Trek (as I referenced before, the refit shuttlebay in STII).
I'd love to superimpose a floorplan of that brewery over the Enterprise, and find out if that's true or not. I suspect it might just about fit... but not with that high ceiling seen when Scotty and Kirk are saved by Chekov
I was thinking though, if we got these new side launchers, how come there are no new side phaser banks to go with them?
I say more hatches would open up, with phasers and whatever else is needed behind them.

Apologies for the derailment, M'!