View Single Post
Old September 20 2013, 05:50 PM   #45
KaraBear
Captain

Re: Thoughts on Season 3

teya wrote: View Post
KaraBear wrote: View Post
teya wrote: View Post
But the Doc's whole schtick was about how holograms were just like people.

As for your extrapolation to insinuate that I'm calling you a "selfish A-hole"...

I'm not. I am describing my impression of the episode and what it showed me about the Doctor. It's not personal.

I'm an oddity. While I think Picardo did an awesome job, I simply didn't *like* the Doctor. He was a great character, but not a likeable one IMO. Which is fine in my book because the unlikeable characters are usually more interesting.
yeah, and PEOPLE deal with grief in their own way, some turn inward some cling to others. I wouldn't call anyone selfish for however they grieve. If they need to take care of themselves first I don't think that makes them selfish
He *never* (that we saw) took care of the rest of his family. The program was over once he played out the scenario & did his own grieving. He didn't take it the rest of the way, that yes, all of us people eventually, one way or another, get around to. We turn to each other. We take care of each other.
well considering that the episode ends with the Doc in a very tight hug with his wife and son, I assume they did take care of each other, even though it wasn't specifically spelled out for us
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote