View Single Post
Old September 20 2013, 05:49 PM   #14
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Finally saw Star Trek: Into Darkness

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
Captain Nebula wrote: View Post
...
That's probably because they took the script for one of the most liked Trek film, youthinised the characters, stripped one to her skivvies, added supertransporters and lense flares, then repackaged it as a new film.
One scene, arrived through via different means, does not equal a whole script. I actually couldn't see how they could have told a Khan story any less like Space Seed or Wrath of Khan, while keeping their alternate reality premise intact.
BillJ wrote: View Post
Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
Captain Nebula wrote: View Post
...
That's probably because they took the script for one of the most liked Trek film, youthinised the characters, stripped one to her skivvies, added supertransporters and lense flares, then repackaged it as a new film.
We'll pretend for a moment that you're absolutely 100% right (which you aren't as anyone who doesn't have an ax to grind knows).

<snip>
Since the post is obvious ax-grinding and nothing else, why acknowledge it at all? Responding in kind tends to lead to something like this...

Ln X wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
...
We'll pretend for a moment that you're absolutely 100% right (which you aren't as anyone who doesn't have an ax to grind knows).

....
Let's be fair here. Some Trekkies have an axe to grind against STID for whatever reason, and some Trekkies have an axe to grind against those Trekkies who did not enjoy STID. I take it from your tone that you exist in the latter group?

[...]
Which then leads to something like this...

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Ln X wrote: View Post
Let's be fair here. Some Trekkies have an axe to grind against STID for whatever reason, and some Trekkies have an axe to grind against those Trekkies who did not enjoy STID.
QFT.
And from there it almost certainly devolves into back-and-forth sniping.

Don't bother responding to posts which do no more than harp on the same complaint already made dozens of times before—the discussion gains nothing from it—and especially don't make it about other fans.

Tosk wrote: View Post
This deserves a new thread?

Captain Nebula wrote: View Post
Everybody's a critic, I guess.
Including you.
The opening post could as easily have gone in the pinned Grading & Discussion thread but, judging by the way things have gone down the tubes so quickly, it's probably just as well it didn't. Thread closed.
__________________
The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but
that the lightning ain't distributed right.
Mark Twain
M'Sharak is offline