View Single Post
Old September 20 2013, 03:55 PM   #15
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: What if Tasha had survived?

Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
TheSubCommander wrote: View Post
Now, here is a thought: what if they stuck with the original plan and Crosby was cast as Troi, and Sirtis was cast as Yar? Would Crosby still have left? Would Sirtis been more interesting?
I get the feeling if the character had remained Macha Hernandez then she would still have been onboard (kinda hard to picture Marina in the role, given how Troi was the polar opposite). I would have thought Denise would have been more fed up in the Troi role and opted to leave as she did. Though I wonder who would've taken the third seat?
I could easily see Crosby/Troi bailing sooner, with Sirtis/Yar hanging around. I think the original intention was to have Data in the third chair, so perhaps they'd have moved him? Then Worf could take Data's seat and dear Wesley would still have a place to go.

I'll agree with those who speculated dividing the tactical/security duties would have been logical. I could see Worf being Yar's chief security officer, and the two switching off tactical vs. security depending on the situation.

I was also thinking, what would "Best of Both Worlds" have been like? Would Shelby have been necessary, or would it have been Yar filling in her role, causing tension between herself and Riker?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote