View Single Post
Old September 19 2013, 02:15 PM   #4
KaraBear
Captain

Re: The episode "Distant Origin"

oddsigve wrote: View Post
Hello everyone

I`m in the middle of my second viewing of Voyager. I just saw the episode "Distant Origin" and I found it very intriguing. The notion that there was another intelligent being evolving on earth is a very fun notion. Though it`s probably not likely(I say that with the deepest humility because of our limited knowledge) it`s still a fascinating thought. What i found annoying though is the fact that they seemed less "evolved" then us at least on a social pov. what I mean is that the Voyager crew are portrayed as having superior values and a superior moral compass.

When that's said I would love to see a series elaborating on this. For example imagine them sending an envoy to earth on a diplomatic mission to share knowledge and technology. With their propulsion systems etc. we could see a new era in Star Trek with humans possibly moving outside our galaxy. I think it would make a great show compared to some of the recent ideas in the Star Trek Universe(If you get my drift). I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Regards
In Star Trek people are generally portrayed as having a different set of morals than we have now, they are more "evolved" in a sense. As Picard put it "we strive to better ourselves" since nobody has to worry about money and buying things. BUT to get to that point it's been shown that there have been some very HARD times that have been overcome.
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote