View Single Post
Old September 19 2013, 03:27 AM   #105
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Re: Just seen the last episode... I'm outrage!

Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
It was an awful way to do it, as it takes away whatever "impact" his death was supposed to have had, but was probably meant to get viewers questioning the what, when, how and why?
I think it was "we need to kill off a main character"...

Apparantly for a crew that's supposed to be the most experienced and best out there they don't do anything to warrant promotion. It was really annoying, like we couldn't wrap our heads around a few promotions here and there.
It's not just Enterprise. Star Trek has has this issue time and time again. Hell, Harry was an Ensign for 7 years!

There relationship was probably one of the best things ENT did, and then to have nothing at all come from it was really irritating--they could have been strangers.
It was so obvious and well played in Terra Prime, then they just flushed the toilet. They have the creative right to do what they want, but at least throw a bone to the fans and tell them what happened!

I would have thought that after six years T'Pol would finally be ordered into a proper uniform--get some professionalism on the Bridge.
She looked just as fine in a Star Fleet uniform

His death was totally unneeded. Surely Archer's sacrifice for his friend would have been of bigger impact (plus it would get rid of a terrible character).
Now, Archer wasn't bad. My problem is "they" (Daniels) propped him up like he was the second coming or something.

Probably a good thing though. Bakula doesn’t have the acting chops to pull off big speeches (Sir Patrick Stewart he most surely is not). Any time they had Archer pontificate I cringed, he just wasn’t convincing.
Don't agree. He did a great job in Terra Prime.

Deanna may be half-alien but she is still a Federation citizen and the foundation of the UFP would be a big thing for them—whether they were involved in the initial creation of the Federation or joined at a later date.
My point exactly. She had to memorize this speech in grammar school. It could have been too long. We should have heard it.

A better episode that focused on the ENT crew would have been a better end, missing out the holodeck/TNG element entirely. ENT is not my favourite series, but it deserved a better ending than it got—especially as it started to pick up in its last couple of years.
I agree completely. You'd think if they were putting together possible the last TV trek episode ever, it could have at least been a 2-parter.