View Single Post
Old September 18 2013, 10:55 PM   #27
Ln X
Fleet Captain

Re: how do people feel about robert orci and Kurtzmen returning?

J. Allen wrote: View Post
Ln X wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
While I love the Spock/Uhura romance, I do agree we need to see more McCoy. Karl Urban is flawless.
You should see Karl Urban in Dredd (the 2012 movie), that guy can act! Now I may be a Trekkie but sometimes I want to see total action pawnage and an entirely different fictional universe. Dredd is like the classic action films and it has pacing and moods. If STID had that kind of dramatic action, plus an ending which did not fizzle, it would be a MONSTER!

So for the next movie I want these writers to combine the style of Dredd with the look of the JJ universe and the higher aspects of Star Trek. Dredd ain't just a dumb action flick either it has poignant moments and in a mere 90 minutes it totally sells you to this universe. Though Orci and Kurtzmen may want to go easy on the violence, Dredd is brutal!

Alas these are only pipe dreams...
I've seen Dredd, and it is one of my favorite films of 2012. I remembered seeing the cringe-worthy (IMO) Judge Dredd in 1995, and that was my experience with the Dredd series (having never read the comics at that point). Still, I had seen ST09 and loved it, especially Karl Urban's performance, and was willing to give it a chance. I was mightily impressed. Seriously, Karl pulled off a great character, and I'm with those who want to see a Dredd sequel, though it is very unlikely to happen since the movie didn't earn a profit.
Dredd sequel is probably one of two films I am eagerly awaiting, that and the second Hobbit film. It's rare I look forward to something new on the horizon but my hopes are raised!

Caption contest: DS9
Ln X is offline   Reply With Quote