View Single Post
Old September 18 2013, 10:27 PM   #59
Comet
Ensign

Re: Vegetarians - you will ove this child

My dad bought a big property for my mom and my brothers and sisters and me, far away from the main part of Mexico City, many years ago, when I was 9. We had no markets and only a few grocery stores. My mom purchased live chickens from a nearby farm and killed them in the house. I was my mom's helper and I killed chickens for her to feed the rest of the family. My dad used to bring big red snapper giant fish with scales, so I learned how to clean the fish, take the heads off, gut them, clean the scales and cut them into pieces. I am an expert with the big knifes in my kitchen.

During biology class in high school my classmates did not want to put the animals to sleep for vivisection, so I chloroformed them, ducks, rabbits and frogs.

When I moved to the USA, I became addicted to spicy chicken wings and beer. I thought that was the coolest thing to eat.

I became vegetarian for a health reasons. My doctor played football with the Cardinals and he recommend me to diet because I was obese and my cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure were high. I took a nutrition class at college, my teaches was an older lady who was vegetarian, so one day I went to Subway and I ordered a chicken sandwich, got food poisoning and felt like I was going to die. So since that day I became a vegetarian, and now I am in excellent health.

Vegetarianism is wonderful, I became more creative for new dishes and more conscientious of the health of my family. I eat dairy products, but not the meat. I love cheese. I like fish, especially salmon, I created different dishes with a variety of vegetables and grains and I like fruit.
Comet is offline   Reply With Quote