View Single Post
Old September 18 2013, 01:26 AM   #16
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Kurtzman Defends Star Trek Into Darkness

Yanks wrote: View Post
STID is not a rehash of either. I don't mind that they found Khan on the Botany Bay.

What chapped my arse personally was the rip-off/reversal at the end of the movie and their butchering the Spock character.

I agree though, I've been on the message boards long enough to realize this fan base can be the worst for no reason at all. Remember the death threats because they were going to kill off Spock?

I think they know they screwed up here, or at least as evidenced by the article, feel they need to explain themselves.
I think they're afraid of being shot, to be honest.
Have you seen some of the threats they've received? I'm worried that some are unhinged enough to try it!

Anyway, while I don't think it was a ripoff, I respect that you didn't like the reversal of the character death scene. I liked it, and found it to be a refreshing take on a classic theme. Your mileage may vary, of course.
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote