View Single Post
Old September 18 2013, 01:08 AM   #11
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: Kurtzman Defends Star Trek Into Darkness

Harbinger wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
Honestly, he shouldn't have to defend anything. The film is a success, it's popular, it's well liked by most fans. The only reason he probably feels this way is because of an extreme vocal internet minority, who seem to hate anything that even evinces the prospect of change. Such fans tend to be implacable, so it's best to ignore them. Focus on what's good instead.
Is it well liked by most traditional Star Trek fans?
It is, yeah. Not everyone, of course, but many liked it.

I keep hearing that a lot of "trekkies" (or "trekkers" or whatever) slammed it for its abundance of action and non-traditional approach.
And you'll probably keep hearing it for a while - that part's inescapable. Even some of those who generally liked it had criticisms concerning this or that aspect of the movie, but the Trekkies/Trekkers outright slamming Star Trek Into Darkness don't represent a very large fraction of the whole audience, or even of "traditional Star Trek fans," by any definition that term may have. (The poll pinned at the top of this forum is only one set of results, and shouldn't be taken as anything else, but you can see for yourself the picture it presents.)

I have yet to see Into Darkness. I loved the 2009 movie and I'm a fan of the series and all of the movies (except Search for Spock and Nemesis). Going to the blind buy the Blu-ray copy soon.
Feel free to post your comments in the Grading & Discussion thread after you've had a chance to watch it.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote