View Single Post
Old September 17 2013, 10:12 PM   #7
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier
Re: Who cuts up the episodes when they reach syndication

I imagine any network does their own cuts.

It's not Trek, but I find it annoying how childishly Hallmark channel cuts shows like "Fraiser" and "Golden Girls" (guilty pleasure on the last one; so sue me!)

They are constantly bleeping out (well, muting) the most low-key of "profanity" - words like "crap" and "ass" and "hell" and "damn" - simple stuff you can hear at 8 pm. Even if the rerun is airing at 11pm or 2 am, it'll still be muted if someone says anything above "heck" - and I find that really lame and silly. Especially when you're talking a show like "Golden Girls" or something, lol.

As far as time cuts and Trek... I imagine it's individual networks that decide how/where. I know BBCAmerica cuts TNG for time.

I wish we had a law or something against such. Something about preserving the artists original intent. :P I hate to see anything cut, especially by hacks and for time and content. I can't watch a movie on anything but pay cable or DVD. If it's on basic cable or broadcast, it's just been cut to shit by the moral crusaders and the advertising bean counters.

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote