View Single Post
Old September 17 2013, 09:10 PM   #4783
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

neoworx wrote: View Post
I'm not trying to pick on you, neoworx...

Star Trek shouldn't be easy. Our heroes shouldn't be able to get out of situations via magic technology or magic blood or magic screenplays. They should win because they are smarter, more capable and more determined than their opponent. Trick transporters bely that.
Aren't all transporters, "trick transporters"? Working and broken whenever the story requires them to be. Isn't that part of the reason behind the Prime Directive? To keep our heroes from just being able to disappear whenever a situation becomes too dangerous for them to handle?

Transporters are miracle workers in the Prime timeline as well. Need kids restored to their adult selves? Pull out the transporter trace. Need to save your doctor from a rampant aging disease? Grab some DNA and rebuild her body from scratch using the transporter.