View Single Post
Old September 17 2013, 02:21 AM   #138
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
Robert Meyer Burnett confirmed a few things on Twitter recently. One is that his TNG Composers doc is 75 minutes long (I think that officially makes it the longest feature on a laserdisc, DVD or Blu-ray focusing on composers!). The other is that Seth MacFarlane and Brannon Braga recorded a commentary for "Cause and Effect."* And so did Ronald D. Moore and Naren Shankar on "The First Duty." That joins the one Morgan Gendel recorded with the Okudas for "The Inner Light." And of course, an unknown one on the "Unification" standalone (possibly Cliff Bole and the Okudas?).

*It better not be the same few minutes of commentary repeated over and over!
I'm looking forward to the Composers documentary but I hope there is a lot more coming down the pipe than that. It is the 25th anniversary season, and Roddenberry did pass away during that time. There's a lot they can cover. I would also love more features kind of like the Read Rainbow one we got for Season 2.
Well, there's always the short and TOS-centric but still worthwhile The Star Trek Logs with Marina Sirtis (which I posted on the previous page) -- that is, if they can find a usable Betacam or D1 copy of it, and if all the rights can be cleared for its use (probably unlikely). We may also get an HD scan of the Patrick Stewart song and dance number he performed for an ill Gene Roddenberry. And beyond that, we know there are deleted scenes in HD and at least two other HD featurettes that were produced for Season Five: In Conversation: The Klingons and What He Left Behind: The Roddenberry Legacy. I'm assuming the latter is the typical multi-part doc on the making of Season Five. Here's what's been announced (and can be inferred) so far:

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 5
  • Episodic Promos (SD)
  • Deleted Scenes (HD)
  • Gag Reel (HD)*
  • Audio Commentary on "Cause and Effect" with Brannon Braga and Seth MacFarlane
  • Audio Commentary on "The First Duty" with Ronald D. Moore and Naren Shankar
  • Audio Commentary on "The Inner Light" with Morgan Gendel and Mike & Denise Okuda
  • Featurettes:
    • Archival Mission Logs (SD)
    • In Conversation: The Klingons (HD)
    • What He Left Behind: The Roddenberry Legacy (HD)
    • TNG Composers (HD)

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Unification
  • Episodic Promos (SD)
  • From One Generation To the Next (HD)
  • Feature-length commentary

*Presumably. Each season has had a gag reel.