View Single Post
Old September 16 2013, 11:55 PM   #37
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: Why the lack of Classic characters?

^I'll almost give them UNIT IF Lethbridge-Stewart's daughter appears. (Or they bring back Benton somehow. I've got an idea that Benton comes back to UNIT as the Minister of Alien Defense. It would be a way to put him in charge of UNIT while side-stepping the fact that he's not a commissioned officer.)

Green Lantern wrote: View Post
diankra wrote: View Post
The 'old Jamie' storyline's been done, in a 6th Doctor DWM comic strip back in 87. Even the dying heroically bit.
Really? Sounds good. Would be good if it was made into an episode though. Remember, Human Nature/Family of Blood and Blink originated or at least heavily based on Doctor Who comics, and look how popular they were.
"Human Nature" was based on a Virgin New Adventures novel of the same name by Paul Cornell. There are other bits of the new series that have taken less obvious cues from the novels. The destruction of Gallifrey happened in the 8th Doctor novels first. And the Cybermen in a parallel universe plot of "Rise of the Cybermen"/"The Age of Steel" is very similar to the 7th Doctor novel "Loving the Alien."

As a huge fan of the 8th Doctor, I wouldn't mind at all if the 8th Doctor did bad stuff during the Time War. I'd just be happy that Paul McGann was being acknowledged at all. Plus, if you listen to audios like "Zagreus" & "The Natural History of Fear," no one does evil like Paul McGann.

I was also hoping that David Bradley would show up as the 1st Doctor in the 50th anniversary special. I think it would be a nice touch for the youngest looking Doctor to meet up with the oldest looking Doctor. (It might even help the younger viewers acclimate to an older Doctor leading up to the Peter Capaldi era.)