View Single Post
Old September 16 2013, 09:56 PM   #100
James

Re: Where are the toys?

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
James wrote: View Post
C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
At my nearest Toys R Us, they couldn't keep them--particularly, the deluxe Enterprise--in stock for very long. They did sell out fairly quickly there when they initially arrived, with only the Klingon ship available for awhile.

As far as the #1 toy store, Walmart wins solidly in regards to sales by virtue of being the biggest general retailer and being able to blackmail--um, I mean demand--greater discounts from manufacturers than Toys R Us can.

There is no #1 toy store now...
It depends on how you look at it. Toys R Us is indeed the biggest actual toy store chain (as in specializing in toys), but Walmart sells more toys by volume.
Target and Walmart are in perpetual battle for the #1 spot,
It's actually (by share of the toy retail market):
#1 Walmart (30%)
#2 Toys R Us (18%)
#3 Target (17%)
http://www.ehow.com/info_8479565_big...retailers.html

Another website with unsubstantiated numbers? Heh As a consumer I know more about the toy market than this site does. I've been collecting since I was a kid, I played with most of the toys as a kid but now I don't play with them since I'm an adult. That website doesn't know shit, I know first hand that Target gets more merchandise more often than Walmart. Walmart's ability to move merchandise pales in comparison to Target. Target is a more upscale retail chain as well.