View Single Post
Old September 16 2013, 09:46 PM   #4758
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Opus wrote: View Post
Interesting, these comments about 'Trek/Not Trek'.
And yet, it's all Trek. Says so on the label.

Phily B wrote: View Post
Yes, I can not for the life of me understand the "it's not star trek" stuff. It's more Star Trek than a lot of Star Trek!
A loaded comment like this does not make it any more Trek...

wjaspers wrote: View Post
Yesterday saw it for the first time. It is not Trek. I can not understand why you think it is more trek than a lot of Star Trek.
... and an equally-loaded comment such as this does not make it any less so.

If you like it? Great, fantastic. If you don't like it? Sorry - maybe next time. Either way, it's still Trek.

Edit:

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
I started a thread about what's "real" Trek and what isn't, if anyone's interested in that tangent.
I started to read that. Almost immediately ran into some rhetorical gymnastics aimed at excluding some or other portions of Trek which did not conform to the poster's unique personal interpretation of Gene Roddenberry's Vision™, at which point I decided it was getting too vigorous for me.

If I don't enjoy some piece of movie or television entertainment, I just don't watch it any more. I really don't see the point in spending a lot of time and effort evangelizing against it.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."

Last edited by M'Sharak; September 16 2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: further comment on link
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote